Monday, June 18, 2007

Gone fishin'

That title applies to my weekend. I did a ton of cleaning Saturday, inside and out, since we were having a BBQ for my dad and all the patio furniture was fil-thy. M cut both the front and back lawns and then went over to cut his parents' lawn.

Yesterday was the BBQ. The weather could not have been more beautiful. And again, my M stepped up to the plate. He cooked marinated London broil, deli hot dogs and turkey burgers for everyone and even went out and got my dad a Home Depot gift card. Everyone had a really good time. As soon as our company left (when there was a break in the US Open, of course), we both crashed. Hard. The good news is, my refrigerator is full of food for the week. Gotta love cookouts.

Now for a question. When we were up in Vermont, M decided to try his hand at fishing. He wound up catching a small sunfish, which he put in our room freezer and then transferred to our home freezer when we got home. How long can it stay in there? I'm thinking he better cook it soon or pitch it. Either way, I'm tired of having beady little eyes looking at me every time I go for the Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Delight.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs