Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Lupus Walk: The good, the bad and the ugly

Lots of good. Gorgeous day, with a beautiful view of the Charles. Lots of free (donated) food and other goodies, and tons of nice people. And the best part: I raised more than $900 for lupus research. Thanks from M and me to those who helped out.

The bad: Finding Soldiers Field Road on a Sunday morning with my mother-in-law (who has no sense of direction) as my copilot. Getting lost in Brighton (no, not you, Trish) on the way home and getting directions from someone who doesn't know where he is either. Man, I am really rusty about driving in the Boston area. I much prefer the saner people and rolling hills of Central Massachusetts.

The ugly: Me after walking three miles. I'm beat, but it's a good kind of beat. This is the third year in a row I've done this walk. All told, I've raised more than $3,000 to help the Lupus Foundation of New England find a cure for this disease that affects the person I love most in the world. On that happy day, I will gladly take the orange wristband stamped with Life Without Lupus off my right arm.

Until next year...

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs