Thursday, July 12, 2007

Top 5 creepiest songs

These songs skeeve me out because of the melody, the lyrics, the singing or all three. Let's see if you agree or have your own to add:
  • I'm Not in Love by 10cc: Sure you aren't, buddy. Is that why you keep her picture on the wall? It's NOT because it hides a messy stain. The arrangement sounds like something you'd hear in a funeral home, and the whispered "big boys don't cry" in the middle is just plain creepy.
  • Every Breath You Take by the Police: Self-explanatory -- it's the stalker's anthem. The melody is amazing.
  • Drive by the Cars: Benjamin Orr's dreamy voice against the synth-heavy arrangement just gives me an oogy feeling.
  • Enter Sandman by Metallica: I was terrified of the dark as a kid -- thank God for my stuffed Grover to keep me company -- and this song spells out why. It's still one of my favorites.
  • Stan by Eminem: Another stalker song with a fucked-up ending. While most focus largely on his amazing fastness on the mic, Eminem is an underrated storyteller.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs