Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Random acts of kindness

One of my favorite expressions is, "Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty." I actually had that bumper sticker on the back of my Focus, even though M called me a hippie.

Anyway, reading this story about people's encounters with kind, thoughtful strangers made me think of my own random acts of kindness story. When I first learned to drive, I used to like to tool around aimlessly, just enjoying being in the car. My best friend and I were driving around the lake in Wakefield, and we decided to take a side street, which was a hill. Well, it had just snowed, and the '83 Ford Fairmont I was driving promptly got stuck in a snowbank. Some guys came out of the house and pushed us out. I still salute whenever I happen to go past that street.

Labels:

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs