Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What a great trip

M and I hit the Berkshires hard this weekend, specifically Pittsfield, where we rented a cabin here and communed with nature (well, as much as I would allow -- I don't do tent camping). We drove all up and down Berkshire County, checking out towns along the way we might like to live in.

We hit Lenox, Stockbridge, Lee, Great Barrington, Egremont and then one of my favorite Berkshire towns, Mount Washington. There is a magical place there straddling the New York Line called Bass Bish Falls. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but a dear friend of mine died way too young of cancer 10 years ago. Her family scattered her ashes by the falls, so every time we are in that area, we make a pilgrimage. Rest in peace, Katie.






We took Route 2 home, hoping to stop at a restaurant we've enjoyed called The Smokin' Hippo in Erving. It was closed and for sale. I found this article about its closure. I was and am sad about it. I hate when good places close down.

But overall, it was a great trip. Lots of good food, fun and time to bond. We also left Boo with his grandparents, who got some quality time with him. So it was a win-win all around.

Here are some of the restaurants we visited:

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs