Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A different kind of NaNo

It's been four months since I got laid off, and I still don't have a job. But yet I do. Taking care of my son and house is keeping me busier than a full-time job, and the hours are a little crazier. Since I'm technically not working (although I am; just not for a paycheck) I decided to try to do NaNoWriMo this year. I'm steaming along and where I should be, although I seriously have to kick myself in the ass several times to write every day. So yes, I am writing. Just lately, not in this blog, as many of my bloggie friends are for NaBloPoMo.

In other news, I have actually gotten a few bites on jobs. One was pretty serious. It just wasn't anything I wanted to do, as I turned out, and the pay wouldn't have covered the cost of childcare, so I bowed out of the chance to have a second interview. I did feel bad walking away when it was one of the few bites I've gotten, but honestly, I'm enjoying being home with the Boo so much, it would have to be an incredible opportunity for me to step back into the professional working world. So the search goes on.

Labels: , , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs