Sunday, October 04, 2009

All I need is a miracle

As of Tuesday, I will have been out of work for three months. I have submitted probably a hundred resumes, made calls, etc. And mostly, I've been met by dead silence -- the black hole. The only responses I've gotten have been a request for an interview -- which I went on, it went well, and I was summarily rejected via letter -- and an interested email about another job. When I followed up, the position had been filled, but I was told I was on the "short list" for future opportunities.

All of this makes me feel bad for my fellow job seekers, but it also makes me pissed at them for being the competition. There are very few jobs out there, and too many people looking. It's very ugly. Part of me wants to retreat from job searching altogether and just embrace my life as a SAHM. But I don't want to give up. My next opportunity is around the corner, I keep thinking. All I need is the stars to align properly. And perhaps a minor miracle.

Labels: , , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs