Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Lots going on, so this post comes to you in spurts

As I've mentioned, there have been a lot of changes to both my life and M's since Thursday. My schedule has changed, so I may not be able to post every day. I am fucking exhausted and just want to go to bed, even though it's only 8:30. The long and short of it is, M had a car accident. He's OK, but he had a seizure behind the wheel, so under Mass law, he can't drive for six months. This means I need to drive him back and forth to work every day. It will be OK, and we've worked it out so it only adds 12 extra miles to my commute and 20 extra minutes, but I need to get up earlier now, and I'm still getting used to it and working out the kinks. Thanks to those of you who emailed. I'm grateful he's still around for me to drive to work. There are some advantages:

1) We will get to spend more time together.
2) We will save on gas.
3) I don't have to worry about him seizing behind the wheel.
4) I get to work half an hour earlier, so ostensibly, I can leave half an hour earlier.

I'm sad about Peter Jennings. He was a class act. This is just proof you shouldn't smoke, and that lung cancer is pretty much express service, no waiting. Then again, one of M's friends died of lung cancer -- but he was only 30 and never smoked a day in his life. Who knows?

There may be some changes to my work life soon. And that's all I can say.

That is all.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs