Thursday, August 04, 2005

Some good advice

This week's Prudie deals with some subjects close to my heart, namely anxiety disorders, being a shrimp and the phrase "no problem." I am only 4'11", for those of you who don't know me, and I grew up being called French Fry. And I have a well-documented anxiety disorder. Finally, the NP has even become something to IM in my office, and I agree it's stupid.

So what's up with all these ads about too-frequent urination? Was just walking through our common area and saw an ad where a guy was describing his frequent need to pee. They then cut to an illustration of the bladder. Yuck-o. These pharmaceutical cos are just sooo aggressive. My MIL deals with the drug reps, and they are like pit bulls.

For those of you keeping track, my psychopharm called me back this morning on my cell (which now plays Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" -- don't judge me; I love that song and her), and we're going to sprinkle some Wellbutrin on top of the Zoloft to help with the, umm, loverly side effects and work on different neurotransmitters within the brain. The W works on dopamine and epinephrine, while SSRIs, as the name implies, work on seratonin, which comes into play for my OCD. Sigh. If this doesn't work, we're going to try another SSRI called Luvox. I'm starting to feel better about things in general, helped by the fact I have tomorrow off to spend with my mom (don't expect a post). We're going to Rockport to shop, and if it winds up being humid and disgusting, the Northshore Mall. Whee!
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs