Monday, June 26, 2006

The joy of owning a home

I swear, I don't want to hear that expression ever again. It's like when someone dies and you say something like, "he's with the angels now."

Case in point: I had to go home at lunchtime today to meet the refrigerator repairman. It was a relatively minor repair -- and I don't even have to pay for it -- but the dude has to come back, since he had to order a part. But whenever I mentioned it to anyone, I heard, "that's the joy of owning a home."

Let me tell you something: I've owned for going on six years now, and there is no comparison to renting. I really think someone who rents made up that expression. Yeah, it can be exasperating when your bathtub is leaking onto the kitchen ceiling, and you have to take your showers downstairs (cough, cough, M). And yeah, we're about to shell out a couple thousand for a new fence.

But I love having a yard and even busting my ass to keep it looking nice. I love having a garage. I love having my own space. It's worth all of the crap and expense to come home at the end of the day. My home. M's home. Our home. Our joy.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs