Sunday, September 10, 2006

Blogging the Lupus Walk

I got up early this Sunday morning, put on my sweats, picked up my mother-in-law and went down to the Artesani Park in Brighton for the 14th annual Lupus Walk, along with hundreds of other people who have lupus or have been touched by the disease.

My mom and dad met M, my MIL and me there, and the five of us picked up some raffle tickets to hopefully win some of the great prizes they were giving away. Then at 10, we were off.

It was a beautiful day for a walk around the Charles. Moms pulled wagons full of kids chomping contentedly on cookies, hats askew on their adorable heads. Older kids chased each other around with weeds as they walked, laughing and enjoying the sunshine. Dogs pulled on their leashes, sniffed other dogs and trotted happily beside their owners. The conversations were many and varied, and they all made an already fun walk even more so.

Three miles later, we were at the finish line. We didn't win any prizes in the raffle, but M and I both won T-shirts for my quite impressive amount of pledges: Almost $800. I want to thank everyone who took the time to donate to such an amazing cause and support me in doing so.

PS This is my first post on our new high-speed connection. Buh-BYE dialup!
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs