Friday, September 15, 2006

The day of things breaking

1) Woke up this morning, put my hair up, went downstairs to retrieve my shower cap -- and the #$%^ing ceiling was leaking. AGAIN. Called M so mad I was shaking. He called the plumber, who came right over. Turns out he replaced the spigot and drain plug -- but it was the faucet that was actually leaking. Plumber fixes, no charge. I come to work late to discover by doing so, I blew off a class I was signed up for all morning.

2) While waiting for said plumber to call me back, I brought my cell into the bathroom with me and put it down in some water. Yeah, it was a bonehead move. Now said cell phone does not work. I took it apart and put the pieces on my desk so that it will dry out. I'm nervous it's d-e-d dead.

3) Something at work broke. That something could mean 11 contractors do not get paid.

Why didn't I stay in bed?
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs