Thursday, September 14, 2006

I got my bathroom back

A few months ago, M and I noticed our upstairs shower was leaking onto the kitchen ceiling, causing damage like this:

We called a plumber, who told us there was a leak between the inside of the tub wall and the actual wall and the whole bathtub and pipe system would have to be replaced -- to the tune of $5K. We told them we'd think about it -- and promptly moved into the downstairs shower until we could figger out what we wanted to do.

Well, we got a bit too comfy showering down there, and I was sick of it. So I called another plumber, who came yesterday. Guess what? The pipes were corroded, and the spigot and plug plate in the bathtub were too. To replace all that: $127.50. I took a shower in my bathroom this morning, and no leaks.

Moral of the story: Always get a second opinion.

If any locals want to know who plumber A and plumber B were, shoot me an email -- I'd love to recommend No. 2.

And yes: This is the joy of owning a home.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs