Monday, October 16, 2006

Two CD shoutouts

I've been grooving to some new discs in my car. Wanted to give them their propers, especially since one of the artists is my cousin:
  • Grey's Anatomy soundtrack, Volume 2: After a steady diet of Top 40 and other such mindless crapola, I wanted some different, good, interesting music. I got it with this fabu compilation. Every song is amazing -- even though I've only heard of one of the artists (KT Tunstall) . My favorites: Sexy Mistake by The Chalets, How We Operate by Gomez, Miss Halfway by Anya Marina and Jamie Lidell's Multiply. Rockin'.
  • Double or Nothing -- Minus: This is an independent CD. And there's some seriously rough language and drug references here (a little weird when you remember holding the rapper as a baby...) But even though he's family, Minus knocks my socks off with his vocal talent and writing abilities. Seriously. You can buy this CD through CD Baby, which is linked to from his Web site, which also includes song snippets if you want to try before you buy.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs