Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yet another sign we are completely insane in this country

I was flipping through the Telegram yesterday when I came across this AP story about diabulimia. Basically, we've got insulin-dependent diabetics not taking their insulin so they can be thin. In the meantime, they are wrecking their kidneys and risking blindness, heart attack, amputation and early death.

Now, I feel for anyone with an eating disorder. Bulimia, anorexia and the rest have THE highest mortality rate of any mental illness. Surely, these girls (and they overwhelmingly are female) know what they're doing is wrong and sick. I just am disgusted with the culture in this country that some people would rather risk major medical complications than be fat.

OK, I'm done now. Feel free to comment away.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs