Monday, November 26, 2007

What you can get done in four days off

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. Probably because I haven't since Wednesday. Was too busy living this thing called life. Stuff that happened:

  • Had a great Thanksgiving, with lots of good food and almost zero family drama. Celebrated my birthday early with a chocolate ganache cake with raspberry filling and chocolate-dipped strawberries on top. Have been really enjoying the leftovers -- it's enough to make a pregnant lady's heart sing.
  • Went out shopping with my mom day after Thanksgiving. I didn't get many gifts, but M, who goes out with his own mom at 5 a.m. to do all those crazy sales, sure did.
  • Got the tree up and my house almost completely decorated for Christmas. Yes, it is early, but I'm having Christmas company next weekend. Plus, I don't want to have to do it when I'm much bigger.
  • Had my shower. I am overwhelmed by the show of love and generosity we experienced yesterday. Almost 70 people gave up a chunk of their Sunday to salute us and the little one. I cannot believe how much stuff he got. I'm talking M's SUV filled to the top and a GMC Yukon filled too. I need a bigger house!
  • Got two new tires on the Camry and an alignment. Apparently, I've been driving around on bald tires, which isn't good with winter coming.
What about you? How was your Thanksgiving and associated weekend?

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs