Friday, December 28, 2007

M gets told

We had our weekly OB appointment this morning. These appointments are basically what I call weigh and pee -- you get weighed, pee in a cup, they listen to the heartbeat, check to see if you're dilated and you're out the door. M calls them the Wendy's drive-through of appointments.

Anyway, the nurse leads me over to the scale. Thanks to the holidays and my Chinese food splurge, I'm up a few pounds. The nurse records my weight, and we head toward the exam room. M "whispers," "You only weigh a few pounds less than my cousin (who had been talking about his weight at Christmas Eve dinner)." I roll my eyes at him.

The nurse stops in her tracks. "You did NOT just say that to her," she says to M. He promptly turns beet red. "I thought I was whispering," he said. Loudmouth.

Ha ha. Don't even MENTION about a pregnant lady's weight.

In the meantime, the baby is doing great, although he's showing no signs of wanting to come out of his uterine home anytime soon. Doc will let me go until mid-January and then induce. I just hope he comes soon. I was so tired last night that I fell asleep on the loveseat, sitting upright. Then I couldn't make it up the stairs to bed, so I slept on the couch, fully clothed, with my contacts in. That be tired.

Weekend plans? I'm hoping we get the car seat in and work more on the nursery. Looks like we have plenty of time!

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs