Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our down-home Christmas

We had some decent, if different, holidays. M's cousin, who lives the next town over, invited us over for Christmas Eve, and while we initially were going to go out to dinner and stop by later, there's nothing more depressing than a restaurant on Christmas Eve. So we canceled our order, walked out and went over to visit and have dinner. It was really nice. After, we went to church, where the choir (myself included) sang a knockout version of "Do You Hear What I Hear." It is always such a powerful service.

Christmas Day was a lounge-around day. We slept until 9 (will be my last Christmas being able to do that for awhile, if Boo is anything like my bro and I were on Christmas morning -- we used to crawl into my parents' bed at 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 a.m. until we annoyed them enough to get up) and then got up to have breakfast. We then did gifts, and I took a nap.

Now, I am very excited, because M got me a gift I have been requesting for quite some time. Something I will really use and that is in harmony of our mantra of a gift that won't accrue useless stuff. Something I prayed someone would get me for my shower.

Are you ready?

M got me a cleaning lady. For six months. Halle-freaking-lluia! I was really dreading having to keep this house clean with a newborn, and letting it go to h-e-double hockey sticks is just not an option for me. I mean, people come over here and comment on how immaculate it is. I can't deal with dirt. So she's coming Friday night to give him an estimate. I think I fell in love with him all over again.

The other big thing we did yesterday was go out for Chinese food. Now, I never stay home on Christmas, so I didn't realize how deserted the streets are. It's like the world went to sleep. The Chinese buffet was pretty sparsely populated (not a big non-Christian population in these parts), but the most interesting customer was an old dude who was hitting on all the cute Chinese waitresses. "I'm going to marry one of them," he slurred. "I just don't know which one." Clas-sy.

I had today off, so I spent it at Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kohl's and Macy's, nabbing the after-Christmas bargains and getting toiletries and stuff to wear for the hospital. Now I am tired and think I will take a nap.

Back to work tomorrow. Yuck.

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs