Monday, June 30, 2008

Money, money, money

I feel like I'm caught in a media circus, perhaps, but the cost of everything going up is really starting to get to me. Almost $80 to fill my Camry from the bottom of the tank. Higher grocery bills. Everything just seems so overpriced, and lately everyone seems to have their hand out -- the checks have been flying out of our checkbook for various things. Granted, if you want to live a certain way, you need to pay for it. But maybe it's just time to simplify. As much as I dislike Wal-Mart, it does burn significantly less gas to go there than Target or even Market Basket. And the prices are better. Every time I go in there, though, I wind up walking out with a ton more stuff than I intended when I went in.

Dooce has been talking about a detox diet lately, with a lot of support from people who've done it, and it appeals to M and me. We are thinking of going on a modified cleanse, both to simplify, lose weight and get all the crap out of our systems. If you have any thoughts, experience, warnings, etc., I'm all ears.

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs