Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Top 5 songs about dads and their kids

I'm a little late, since Father's Day was Sunday. But I've been dealing with a teething baby. He's doing OK -- just really stuffy and coughy. If any parents who've been through it have any teething words of wisdom, I'm all ears.

1) Cat's in the Cradle by Harry Chapin: A cautionary tale.

2) The Last Song by Elton John: Son is dying of AIDS, dad comes to see him. Just try to listen to it without crying.

3) Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) by John Lennon: I sing this one to the Boo all the time.

4) The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics: Another tearjerker. We sang this for choir in high school, and there was nary a dry eye in the house.

5) Oh Father by Madonna: The dark side of the father/daughter relationship. The video is full of absolutely arresting images.

Labels: , , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs