Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Daze off at the big box

I often spend a good portion of my two days a week off at either Target or Wal-Mart. This can get dangerous. I go in either store for some health and beauty items (can't beat their prices for these things) or stuff for the baby, and I walk out with $50 or more worth of stuff. It is seriously pissing M off. And the thing is, very rarely is it junk -- it's all stuff we need; I just didn't know we needed it until I went in there.

For example, today I went to Target to buy a new clock, which we needed. The clock was $25, but I walked out of there with $65 worth of stuff. Why? Well, because Diet Coke cans were on sale, so I grabbed a 12-pack. Then diapers were also on sale, so I grabbed those too. Lysol wipes? Also on sale. Then I checked out the clothes and found cute T-shirts, so I grabbed two. You see where this is going? It's all necessities, but considering you can get it all in one place (including a Starbucks, thank you very much), it just adds up.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs