Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Harnessing my head

Whenever my son gets sick, my anxiety goes through the roof. It's all been garden-variety illnesses, sure, but it scares me. Last night, with the vomiting, I completely freaked out and got hysterical. I took myself out for a walk to calm myself down. But it made me realize: My anxiety in general is really out of control and has been since the Boo has been born. I feel like a rubber band, about to snap, all the time. Yeah, I am an overthinker, and yeah, I have an anxiety disorder, but it's never been this bad.

So I'm working on it. As they say, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm at the rock bottom and looking up. I need to exercise, dammit. It also may be time for a meds change. I'm also taking on some self-help mechanisms. All I know is, I have a very busy head. If I could harness that energy and direct it outward, instead of inward, who knows what I could do?

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs