Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My little pumpkin

My mom and dad came over to visit Sunday. Mom and I were walking around the front yard, admiring the mums and plants and such, when she noticed something orange. "Is that a pumpkin growing in your yard?" she asked. Sure enough, it was a lil' cutie, flecked with green. I had noticed the plant growing while weeding but didn't know what it was. We put out pumpkins every year, so one of the seeds must have germinated. I am thrilled -- I love lining my walk and stairs with the orange.

And speaking of the other little pumpkin: Boo has his first cold. He's also got a double ear infection and is getting over the croup -- doc gave him a steroid shot Monday, and at least he isn't barking every night. As my mom says, he will get over it quickly; me, not so much. As any mom knows, it's agonizing hearing your child barking like a seal in the middle of the night. He's so full of snoot and his ears are so full that he's swinging at us when we try to feed him a bottle. I hope he feels better soon, for both our sakes.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs