Thursday, August 28, 2003

I'm worried about Madonna.

I've been a huge fan since I was a kid. In 2001, I got to see her live at the Fleet Center, and she blew me away. Music, the album she was touring to support, was not one of my favorites, but I wanted to see her anyway, and I was not disappointed. Hands down the best concert I've ever been to, and I've been to a few.

When American Life came out earlier this year, I ran to the store and bought it first day out, as I always do. I really liked it. It reminded me of an Alanis Morissette disc, very confessional. Yet it has sold poorly, you never hear the singles on the radio, and according to a poll I just read on InLyrics (), 53 percent of those polled said AL "sucked." I really don't agree. She is celebrating 20 years in showbiz, and personally I find her as relevant, interesting, shocking, intelligent and beautiful as ever. Not many artists are still AROUND after 20 years.

Now she's doing these Gap commercials with Missy Elliot. I think it's ridiculous. She is too big of a star, even still, to be doing TV ads. And she's writing children's books -- The English Roses will be out next month. Why, Madonna, why? You are still the bomb, in my opinion.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs