Thursday, August 28, 2003

Random Thoughts
M went to the pre-season Pats game last night in Foxboro. It was a total hike, not to mention he paid $30 to park and missed the first half because of traffic. Good thing he won the tickets -- they would have added $49 each to the bill. He is a total sports nut, and I was psyched for him that he got to go, but my mother-in-law and I had a better time sitting on her porch watching the game on TV. He said he would never go to another game during the week again. He didn't get home until 2 a.m. I didn't know whether to fall asleep and have him wake me up or just stay up, so my body compromised and dozed. Then I was all wound up when he came in.

M and I watched that "Performing As..." show on Fox on Tuesday night. I thought the guy that impersonated Freddie Mercury was amazing, but the Tina Turner impersonator (who M thought had a crappy voice) wound up winning. She was gorgeous with long legs like TT, and she had a husky, smoky quality to her voice like TT. Fox TV is such crap, but we love "American Idol." M also watched "American Juniors," but that's where I draw the line. We also are into "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" on Bravo/NBC. I think it's great gays are being more accepted in this country. My best friend at Syracuse was a gay guy, but he stayed firmly in the closet when he saw a guy get dragged out of his room and beaten sorely for being a "homo."

This gas thing is really burning my ass. I put $10 in the other day and it got me half a tank on my little Ford Focus. M yelled at me because I paid $1.84 a gallon, but the station is right off the highway. I'm lazy, and I was afraid I would run out of gas. The local BJ's has gas in the $1.50s, but M has the card, and it's a pain in the ass to have him fill my car every time I need gas. I burn a tank a week. Wish my commute was shorter, for a lot of reasons. I didn't care when I was single, but at the end of the day I want to get home to M.

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs