Sunday, August 14, 2005

Let it rain

Holy shit, has this been one hot, dry summer here in New England. But today, the rumblings of the promised thunderstorm began in the distance. M and I went to do some quick errands and to get him a haircut when the sky opened up. I'm talking downpours, and we needed it desperately. The grass is brown, and the flowers need to be watered daily or they will die. We went over to Kmart to buy a new TV for the kitchen, and it let up a bit. (In case you're from out of state, this was a tax-free weekend: No 5 percent sales tax on anything up to $2,500 with a few exceptions, so everyone and their brother was out making major purchases -- including the members of this household.) Then we went over to get a coffee, and it began raining like a mother. It's still in the high 70s and humid as fuck, so I was digging on the downpour.

We had a family cookout yesterday, and my girlfriend and her husband and their gorgeous almost-five-month-old came over. It was fun, but exhausting. My grandfather invited us to Maine today, but I was too damn tired. A lot going on here. At least M's car is fixed.

And I have my period, so between that and the stress, all I wanna do is eat, eat, eat. You're going to have to roll me around soon. I bought my guests a Friendly's Wattmelon Roll (so rockin'), and that's what I had for breakfast. Hee hee hee. Time to go back to Weight Watchers.

Today, M dropped all of our premium channels we got for free as a three-month promotion for joining DirecTV. Time's up. Had we paid for them a la carte, it would be $94 a month. But I was digging on watching uncut movies whenever. M says we need to save right now for the BS he's going to have to go through because of the accident. Poopers.

Can I just say I'm sweating my balls off in the upstairs of my house? Goddammit, we need central air.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs