Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Open letter to Jordin Sparks

Dear Jordin --

You are truly adorable. And what a voice. However, do you have to continually make me feel so damn old? Examples:

"My mom loves Bon Jovi." Are you kidding me? I'm not a fan, but Bon Jovi and Skid Row at what was then Great Woods was one of the first concerts I ever went to. You were barely a twinkle in your mom's eye.

"My favorite song is Hanson's Mmmmbop." OK, it's a cute song. But your favorite song of all time? Seriously? You can sing circles around Blake Lewis, but he has better taste.

"I've never heard of Wishing on a Star/Rose Royce was in the '70s, right?" Come on. I'm not real up on Ms. Royce, but there have been covers and remakes. You know, one was by the Cover Girls? Oh, never mind.

I'm really not old and bitter -- I think you have a shot at the final. Just please proceed to sing and keep your yap shut. Thank you.

Love and kisses,
Christine

Labels:

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs