Tuesday, March 04, 2008

On this day that's a command

March fourth, get it? Dork humor.

Today I had my official postpartum OB appointment. As anyone who has had a baby knows, this appointment is when you get the green light to march forth on certain activities. You know, the kind that make babies. OK, I'm just going to say it:

The OK to HAVE SEX.

I do have the green light. This was also a momentous occasion in that six weeks ago, I had a postpartum appointment with the same doc and was admitted to the psych ward from her office. Today, she commented that I look a ton better. I gave her a picture of Boo and a very big hug. Her intervention is a major reason why I'm in the shape I'm in.

To anyone reading this who's suffering from postpartum depression or thinks they might be, my advice is simple: Don't try to tough it out. Get help. Fast. Not only will it help speed your recovery for your own sake, it will help you to bond with your child. Ain't no shame in that game.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs