Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The geeky joy of the library

When I was in high school, I used to work as a page at the Melrose Public Library. A page puts the books back on the shelves when they are returned. Being the raging nerd that I am, I often would wind up reading the books I was supposed to be putting away. I found all kinds of places to hide in that library, curled up with a good book and getting paid for it. Now it can be told.

I recently discovered the Leominster library when I took Boo for an event in the children's room. For you out-of-towners, it's remodeled and amazing. Just walking in, I got the familiar sniff of books and the lure of fast Internet. It filled a dork's heart with joy.

In these troubled times, got to find free stuff to do. I think the library fits the bill. Now I need to settle my bazillions of dollars in late fees, and maybe I can actually borrow some books.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs