Thursday, February 19, 2009

Richard Marx says it all

Now, I realize that Richard Marx is about as uncool as you can get. But I love him. And the song Now and Forever is one of the most amazing love songs I've ever heard. Just consider the lyrics:

Whenever I'm weary
From the battles that rage in my head
You make sense of madness
When my sanity hangs by a thread
I lose my way
But still you seem to understand
Now and forever
I will be your man

When Boo was a little guy -- I'm talking still getting up in the night to eat -- and I was still shaking off postpartum depression, I would sing this to him to get him back to sleep. It seemed to calm him. And it calmed me.

I heard the song on the radio the other day, and I got teary. My little guy is getting bigger all the time. He's getting ready to walk, people. I love him so much that it's painful. I wish I could have enjoyed him more when he was little and I didn't have that sadness to work through. But it did make me stronger and appreciate him more, so everything happens for a reason.

As Richard said:

Now I can rest my worries
And always be sure
That I won't be alone anymore
If I'd only known you were there all the time
All this time

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs