Thursday, November 19, 2009

In her camisole, she's six feet tall

As you've probably read in my 100 things about me, I am a short girl. I stand 4' 11". I finally fessed up to my actual height when I renewed my license, since it had said 5 feet even. But as I get older, I am becoming more accepting of myself, warts and all.

Except I don't think my height is a wart. I think it's one of the things that makes me who I am and not someone else. Still, sometimes in my head, I think I am six feet tall. And then I walk past a mirror or something or see a girl my height on the street, and I remember that I'm a shrimp. Or I try to buy petite pants and they're still too long. Or I can't reach something on a high shelf at the store and have to get some stock boy (or nice passerby) to come get it for me.

I do wish sometimes I were a little taller. Maybe just 5'3". But God made me as I am. So I'll keep dreaming I'm six feet tall. Because a girl can dream, can't she?

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs