Thursday, February 19, 2004

Did you ever find out something that threw you for a loop, then you wonder why you care?

Sometimes when I'm bored (or procrastinating) at work, I Google people I used to know. I have one ex who I had an on-again, off-again thing with (the ex from the journal post from below). He really was something special to me. I could care less what happened to all my other exes, but this guy I really loved. And while I adore my husband, you always wonder -- where are you now? What are you doing? Are you just hanging in space crying over having lost me? (You know that's not true, but you still think that way.)

Well, I Googled him because I'm totally procrastinating on the mountain of work on my desk. Guess what -- he's married. As I just told my coworker, even though I haven't seen or spoken to him since the '90s, I feel like someone punched me in the stomach. Yeah, I'm married, and I'm happy, but you are not allowed to be. What the fuck is wrong with me?

On the other hand, this is what I needed. Goodbye, asshole ex. Forever. Your new wife is stuck with you. Forever. And I get to snuggle up to M forever and ever, amen. Now that's justice.

OK, I feel better now. Back to the mountain.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs