Friday, May 21, 2004

Ok, I'm not going to apologize. I need to set goals I can attain, such as posting once a week. Don't expect daily stuff.

We went to Italy. It was gorgeous. I got REALLY tired of saying to M, "What are they saying?" I felt like that guy in the hearing aid commercial, "What did he say? What did he say?" It's frustrating to only be able to get your basic needs met, and not get to know someone and have any sort of conversation. In Italian, I know how to say:

  • "Hello" and "Goodbye" (Ciao for both, of course)
  • "Where is the bathroom?"
  • "Please"
  • "Thank you"
  • "Do you like it?"
  • "I want"
  • "I'm sorry"
  • "Enough" (an important thing to know how to say at dinnertime when the food is being served in an Italian house; that's true over here at my grandma's)
  • "Husband"
  • "Wife"
  • "First time in Italy"
  • "How much?"

Basically tourist Italian. My pronunciation is hideous, too. Thank goodness M is proficient.

We're still trying to have a baby. It's been almost a year so we are going to get checked out next month. I'm not too worried about it yet, but I am frustrated.

Work is humming along. Coming on my three-year anniversary with the company, and my second anniversary of being married. So much stability! Even six years ago, I never could have pictured myself in such a stable relationship, owning a home, staying at a job this long. Guess I'm growing up. I just don't want to become boring in my old age. I'm trying to convince M to mini golf with me, and to go see "Shrek 2." We aren't much for going out, and I want to do more fun stuff before we are tied down with bambinos.

An assortment of stupid facts:

  • BOOK CURRENTLY READING: "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers
  • PERSON I THINK WILL WIN AMERICAN IDOL: Fantasia.
  • MILES ON MY CAR: 75,200
  • POUNDS TO LOSE: 20
  • COST OF LAST REPAIR TO THE CAR: $904.70.

I'll post more later. Just don't hold your breath waiting for it. ;)

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs