Monday, February 07, 2005

The halo has slipped

Remember when you were in elementary school and you had a crush? You put the object of your affection up on a pedestal, and then one day you saw him picking his nose or scratching his ass, and that was the end of that.

Tom Brady kept his hands off his face and his ass last night, but he had his head up the latter. OK, I know his grandma died, and I know family is important to him. Hell, I don't know how I could be out there playing if my beloved grandmother had just passed away. But this is the fucking SUPER BOWL. You have to have your head on straight, by God, or excuse yourself. We all know TO wasn't 100 percent, yet he played like he was blessed. He said God would heal him, and even if you're an atheist, you have to admit, there was SOMETHING going on there.

On that note, thank God for Deion Branch. He was what Troy Brown used to be.

And as for the game? I thought overall it sucked. For a good chunk of it, the Pats were being outplayed, outmatched, outshoved and out-intercepted. The Eagles scored first and embarrassed them, and I hope Belichick went into the locker room and yelled at them. Come on, Belichick, I know you have it in you underneath that stone face. The Eagles didn't lose; they ran out of time. The Pats just don't make it easy, do they? I really thought I was going to have a heart attack in the last two minutes.

Best Super Bowl ad: I loved the FedEx ad. Great stuff.

This article is for the sports fanatics. The blog post above reflects the opinions of blog management.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs