Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Best novels of all time

Just found this list.

I'm ashamed to say I've only read six of these great books: Huckleberry Finn, Jude the Obscure, Catcher in the Rye, Charlotte's Web, Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird. The good news is that only one of these (Lord of the Flies) was for school. I'm a huge Thomas Hardy fan -- Tess of the D'Ubervilles made me cry. When I used to commute into Boston, the T was my reading refuge -- I'd devour a book a week. I've had Les Miserables and the Complete Works of Shakespere on my bookshelf for years, and mostly they've been there to impress company. I've never read either. I like trashy books a lot, so I always think of those profiles where they ask the subject the last book they read. If they ever did one of those profiles on me, I would hope it would be something brainy I'd just read instead of Shopaholic Ties the Knot. (BTW, bad book, even for chick lit. I didn't even finish it.)

Labels:

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs