Friday, August 19, 2005

Things I'm fascinated with and an M update

There are a few topics that really get my imagination and curiosity going. They include:

1) The moon (hence cmoonchild)

2) Judaism (I absolutely loved this post by Mr. Dad Gone Mad, Danny Evans)

3) Healthcare and medicine

4) Writing and books

I'm sure there are others, but I am way too fucking tired to think of them right now.

So more fun with M: Tuesday night he was running a high fever (103.5 degrees). I called the local ER, and they said to give him some Motrin and put him to bed. Early Wednesday morning he was having violent chills, so I made him take a shower and took him to the same local ER. They ran some tests, and it turns out he has an infection of the prostate gland and a raging UTI (hence the fevers). They put him on Cipro, which has knocked him for a loop and given him nasty hives, but it's the only thing that really works on such an infection. He followed up with his PCP the next day, and the good doctor forbade him to go to work. M is really worried about work and his job, and as I keep telling him, he ain't gonna be working for ANYONE if he doesn't get his health in order. So make some priorities. I spoke at length to his doctor today, and the doc says it's way too early to be throwing around words like lupus, and he's not comfortable slapping such a diagnosis on this. And to top it off, the mail today brought a notice from the Registry that his license is revoked due to the accident and a bill from the ambulance company that took him to the hospital for more than $1K. I told him to send the bill to his insurance company and not worry about the Registry letter -- it's not like he can drive for six months anyway -- but he's understandably upset. I just wish something would break for him. I love him so much, and I hate seeing him suffer. On the bright side, I do feel this ordeal is bringing us closer together, so that's good. So we keep hanging on and keep on pushing.

Thanks to those of you who have been so supportive. I need all the help I can get right about now.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs