Tuesday, October 03, 2006

On a rampage

I was driving home from work yesterday, listening to news radio, and heard about the Amish Country shootings. My skin was crawling. Holy crap. And M and I had just watched something on MSNBC on Mark Barton, the day trader who murdered his two kids and wife (and possibly his first wife in a separate incident), shot up two day-trading firms and then turned the gun on himself.

If you want to commit suicide, make it a private affair. Why take innocent people down with you because you're unhinged? And I say this as a depression survivor. It's disgusting and all kinds of wrong. Not only are you a self-murderer, you're a murderer, too. I know, not very controversial views, but I'm just sickened. And on a related note, what does this mean to school safety everywhere?

I ran into this article about the myths about school shootings and shooters. Pretty informative.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs