Friday, October 20, 2006

When we collide, we'll see what gets left over

The title of this post is a line from Gomez's How We Operate, my favorite track on the aforementioned Grey's Anatomy soundtrack volume 2.

I adore my husband, in case you haven't picked up on this fact, and I consider myself very happily married. He's my soul mate, the yin to my yang, yadda yadda yadda. But I often wonder how much of me I've given up to be married. I'm a very independent person at heart -- I never thought I'd be married at the age of 28 -- and I do still love my alone time. While being married has without a doubt enriched my life and made me happier, I sometimes wonder: What about me?

I'm not the only one pondering these existential questions. Check out Trish's post about wanting to medicate herself into oblivion to not feel the pain of her occasional marital issues.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs