Saturday, January 26, 2008

Where I've been

I've been noticeably absent from this blog for awhile. I could say I've been busy with the baby. And in a way, I have been.

Here's the real scoop: For the first time in 23 years, I spent time in a psych ward because of my depression.

My OB screened me for postpartum depression in the hospital, and surprise: I came out high. So she scheduled me for my first postpartum visit two weeks after Boo's birth. Good thing, because I was just starting to fall apart. We decided I needed a meds adjustment due to good ol' fashioned hormones, and the fastest way to do this was an inpatient stay.

So for the past four days, I've been talking about my feelings, watching a lot of TV and meeting with a great psychiatrist. I got some sleep, learned a lot and now I'm back.

M thinks it's inappropriate for me to be sharing this on my blog, but you know what? This post by dooce kept me going when my stomach felt hollowed out from being away from my son. If that can help me, hope this post helps someone else. You are not alone.

Labels:

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs