Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Paying the rubber toll

So now that I've been given the green light, I have to think about something I haven't considered in a long time: Birth control. Doc gave me a scrip for the Pill, but until that time, we have to use a backup. So I did something today I haven't done since M and I met: I went into the drugstore to buy condoms.

Now, I don't get as embarrassed buying stuff like condoms and tampons as I did when I was in my 20s (another sign I have grown up), but it's still a bit unnerving walking up to the counter with a big box of contraception in your hand. It's like saying, "Yes, I WILL be getting some." I was picking up my Pill prescription, too, so it was like, wham-chicka-boom-BOOM. Thankfully I got a female to ring me up. And they rang up properly on sale so there were no price checks involved. The cashier looked in her 20s and more flustered than me. I should have leaned across the counter and said, "Gotta play it safe, you know?" and added a lecherous wink.

Labels:

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs