Sunday, April 13, 2008

Judgment, jugs and just feed your kid

A friend of mine sent me this Wall Street Journal blog post about JLo formula-feeding her new twins. The post raises the point that whether to breast-feed or not is a personal choice, and it's OK to formula-feed.

As you can imagine, the comments go on for pages. Pages, I tell you. And while most people who comment agree that you have to do what's best for your family in the end (and the kid's gotta eat), a few moms are so entrenched in their position that they can't help but throw verbal grenades over the fence at the other side.

I don't think it's anyone's business how I feed my son, so I'm not going to get into it here. I will say I tried both breast-feeding and formula-feeding and made a decision to go with one or the other based on how good it was for my family. That said, reading the comments on this and other divisive women's issues makes me sad. If us gals could spend more time supporting each other's choices instead of judging and attacking the "other side," imagine what we could get done.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs