Thursday, April 03, 2008

Workin' 9 to 5, what a way to make a living

Being back at work is a strange and humbling experience. You feel like you have a new job, and yet you know what you're doing and the people. I'm asking questions about things that took place three months ago -- my brain is caught in a time warp. Being at home was simpler but less intellectually stimulating. Although my days went by a lot faster.

So I watched the American Idol groupsing last night on the results show. I have to say, I enjoyed it. And I forgot what a cynical yet catchy song 9 to 5 is. Even though it was written more than 20 years ago, the lyrics are still so true:

They just use your mind
But they never give you credit
It's enough to drive you
Crazy if you let it

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs