Thursday, May 01, 2008

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock

As I've done for all of her albums, I went out to buy the new Madonna album, Hard Candy, on the day of release. I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, but I have to say: Other than leadoff single 4 Minutes, which I can't seem to get out of the ol' OCD head, none of the songs really stick with me. And Madonna's voice sounds particularly paper thin. I'm a huge fan, but I'm not crazy about the new direction this almost 50-year-old icon has taken for the last two albums. American Life was a piece of crap, but at least she attempted to get deep and took a chance. Madonna, I'm afraid your four minutes may be coming to an end.

Battle of the M's winner for April album goodness? Mariah. By a mile. E=MC2 has not left my car CD player since it came out. Well, except for me to put in Hard Candy, but I'll be putting Mariah back in shortly.

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs