Friday, July 11, 2008

Oh, the popovers

I heard today that the Cocke n' Kettle restaurant in Uxbridge is the latest casualty of the recession. (M and I call it the Rooster n' Kettle, because we are eternally third graders and saying cock makes us laugh like Beavis and Butt-Head.) For my out-of-state and out-of-area readers, the CNK was this old-time New England restaurant in an authentic restored colonial, complete with fireplaces and wide pine beam floors, where they served these amazing popovers and fritters and had early bird specials. M and I would often take a Sunday drive down to Uxbridge and indulge in a several-course meal for one low price. No more. Let's all have a moment of silence for free food that fills you up before the main course comes.

Good weekend. Keeping it on the down low. Peace out.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs