Friday, December 19, 2008

Been a long time, been a long time

Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lone-ly time. (Well, for you, without a post from me. At least I hope not.)

I've been busy, to say the least. Work has been balls-to-the-wall nuts. We got power back Monday, but then it was a matter of playing catchup with the laundry, cleaning, etc., since we went to my parents' in Melrose while we didn't have power for four days. No power= no heat, and had it just been the two of us, M and I might have toughed it out. But I have a little guy to worry about now, so off to Nana's we went. And now we have another storm bearing down. My in-laws just got power back last night. Loverly.

And speaking of the little guy: I feel like he's exploding with his development. He's babbling, imitating sounds, and his latest trick is climbing the stairs. By himself. Of course, we are right behind him, but it's a bit nerve-wracking. Time for a gate.

It's amazing to me that this time last year, Boo was in my belly, and now he's crawling all over the place and pulling himself up on the cabinets and trying to figure out why there's an eight-foot lit-up tree in the middle of the living room. And he is going to be ONE YEAR OLD in about two weeks. Holy crap. They say it goes by fast, and they weren't kidding.

Have a fabu weekend, everyone, as we go into this last stretch before Christmas and start the Festival of Lights. And for my New England buddies: Stay warm, and drink lots of cocoa.

Labels: , , , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs