Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Fool-ish New Year's Eve

M and I went back and forth about what to do for New Year's Eve. After all, last year we stayed home out of necessity -- I was six days away from giving birth and big as a house. My OB had put the kibosh on unnecessary trips, so that meant a December 31 with a bottle of sparkling grape juice, a fire in the fireplace and me falling asleep at 10 p.m. So this year, I put our New Year's plans in M's capable hands. He decided we should go out and that Boo would go to his grandparents'.

Since we had a snowstorm, and I am essentially a homebody, at first I argued. But then I decided to go along with it. We had tickets to see the Fools at the Bull Run in Shirley, and after all, they were nonrefundable. So we braved the crappy roads (after all, we had Bruce, M's SUV) and freezing cold and went.

I'm glad I went out last night.

In case you're not familiar with them, and I wasn't, the Fools are a comedy band. As M put it, they are like Weird Al but R-rated. They are awesomely funny, a great, tight band and a lot of raunchy fun. We had a ball. And now my son has horns and noisemakers to play with.

So as U2 said, all is quiet on New Year's Day. Happy 2009, all, and hope you had fun last night.

Labels: , , , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs