Thursday, May 28, 2009

Clipping my little parrot's wings

At Casa Christine, we have reached the age of mimicry. Whatever I say, Boo mimics. Even if he can't say it, he imitates the syllables and the way it sounds. This can be a problem when you have a serious case of potty mouth like I do. So M and I have had to learn not to cuss. I will say it makes you think more about what you say and how it will sound coming out of a 16-month-old's mouth. Instead of calling someone I don't care for an a$$hole, he becomes a bad man. $hit becomes poop. And the f-word...well, we just try not to say it anymore. It's a nice, easy to say one-syllable word that every little kid says at one point.

And then he parrots something that blows my mind. After his bath the other night, he was cold, so I told him I was going to wrap him up in a towel like a papoose. He looked at me, smiled, and said, "Pa-poo?" He then went around the house saying it for the rest of the night. It was very cute and pretty advanced for a little guy. My Boo: So much fun.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs