Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The eve of Christmas Eve

When I was a kid, World News Tonight was a staple in our house. I still distinctly remember the late, great Peter Jennings saying one December 23, "It's the eve of Christmas Eve."

And it is again. I type this from my phone, waiting in line at the post office to pick up a package that wouldn't fit in my mailbox. It's for the Boo, from an old friend who lives out of state. I've already been to the gas station (where I waited in line, big surprise) and iParty, which was like a ghost town, to get some supplies for Boo's (gasp) second birthday party. I also picked him up a snowman balloon as a surprise.

Christmas is special this year. Boo is so excited for Santa, and I am seeing Christmas through his eyes, remembering my Christmases with Santa of long ago. We open the advent calendar every day and eat our chocolate, and we talk about Santa. I can't wait to see his face Christmas morning.

If you celebrate it, merry Christmas! Enjoy this magical time of year.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs