Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Becoming the church lady

I grew up Catholic but now go to an Episcopal church. Over the past five years, we've become more and more active in our church. It's a really great group of people, and we love our pastor. Plus, it's good for the Boo to have some religion in his life as he grows up. I know as someone who has suffered from depression, spirituality is important to me.

Starting recently, I have taken a more expanded role in our church, specifically in its decision-making body, after being asked to do so. I was flattered to be asked. I had my first meeting last night and really enjoyed it. But yet I worry about becoming the Church Lady like in that old SNL sketch, as M has been calling me. I love God and feel deeply connected with Him. But I don't want to come off as some Jesus freak.

What do you think?

Labels:

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs