Wednesday, March 03, 2010

These days

What is life like for a SAHM with a 2-year-old? In other words, the answer to the dreaded question: What do you DO all day? Well, I'm going to tell you.

Anytime between 7 and 9 a.m.: I hear a little voice yelling, "MAMA! Get up!" I comply and get the little dude up too, changing him out of his (often soaked) jammies and his diaper.

Ditto on the time: Make bed with Boo handing me the pillows. Go downstairs and make coffee and breakfast. Start watching the PBS Kids lineup while we eat.

Around 10: Give the boy his bath, lotioning and get him dressed. Put him in crib with toys so I can take shower. Amuse boy, whom I've taken out of the crib after my shower, while I get dressed.

Around 11: Throw a load of wash in with my little helper and then nudge him out the door for the day's activity/errands. The former includes trips to museums, story time at the library, a trip to the mall playground, running around in the yard. The latter includes trips to Walmart, Target, Lowe's, Old Navy, etc.

Between 12:30 and 1: Lunch, which for me is a turkey sandwich or leftovers or for Boo is usually one of the holy trinity: chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs, mac and cheese or grilled cheese. (Today we had veggie baked beans.)

1-2 p.m.: Sesame Street on Sprout.

2-5 p.m.: Nap for Boo, while Mommy catches up on chores, looks for a job, does work for M and VERY OCCASIONALLY takes a nap too.

5-6 p.m.: Mommy starts dinner while Boo plays.

6 p.m. (or so): DADDY IS HOME.

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs